Bits from Bill

Technology thoughts leaking from the brain of "Bill Pytlovany"

Friday, November 25, 2005

Stupid things I've done

I thought I'd start my Blog off with something entertaining and informative. I've been known to do stupid things now and then but this year has been a good one.

Pay attention to your spell checker.
Be sure to review the suggested replacements by your spell checker. Spell checkers don't always suggest the correct replacement. I recently wrote to the folks at Tucows.com and didn't pay attention when spell checking. I'm sure the Tucows folks were confused when I kept referring to their service as "tacos".

Don't use your business cards as a notepad
At a Anti Spyware conference earlier this year I enjoyed a promising chat with Eric from Google. We traded business cards to keep in touch. I had written on the reverse side of my card but Eric was very polite when he returned it later that day. He didn't mention if he had read the list of things I wanted to ask my family doctor. We haven't kept in touch but I hope my name is left out when he re-tells this very funny story to others. .

Share on Facebook


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, is this blog all-new? I just happened by it while looking for a solution after a v9.8 install problem (missing DLL) in Win98 SE. I like your articles here. I'll flag your Zone Labs article to the beta crowd. Do you want to update your posts of last summer in the Zone Alarm "Installation" board too?

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've done the same thing with my business cards a few times. I've since learnt that if I put a line across the front before writing anything on the back I'm less likely to give away some notes that should be kept private ;)

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh... Bill, your secret is safe with me. :-)

-Eric

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure where I commented, but wanted to say thanks! I've been using free WinPatrol, but needing to dig out some spyware that doesnt' want to be found. The plus features are great. Thank you for getting back to me, and for telling me a little more about
WinPatrol Plus.

Carla

12:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi again Bill!! just wanted to say I have been using WinPatrol for 4 years - Plus version for the last 2 and I love it!! Also, love the site changes and the addition of your blog. Please, keep up the great work!!!!

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home