Bits from Bill

Technology thoughts leaking from the brain of "Bill Pytlovany"

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Increased Sales Due to Falling Dollar

Soon after I started this Blog I wrote about the need to globalize your business. The Internet has made for a smaller world and the devaluation of the US dollar may be actually helping sales of some U.S. products.

It doesn’t make my trips to Europe cheaper, but it does make WinPatrol a good bargain. Since the price of WinPatrol PLUS is set in USD, every day the dollar is worth less, the cost of a PLUS upgrade for international users is reduced.

I decided to look at the PLUS sales to our friends outside the US over the last four years to see if there was a significant trend. I can’t say it’s entirely due to the failing US dollar but certainly shows how important international customers are. The following is based on a three month summer period.




Obviously, a declining dollar isn’t good new for the US economy. I’m no expert on economics so I’m just trying to be optimist. I’ve always believed the science of economics has far too many variables. I really don’t believe the GNP can be measured. I think President Roosevelt’s deal to link Saudi oil sales to dollars will come back to bite us. Still, if you’re a small company with a U.S made product this is a good time to think globally.

Labels: ,

Share on Facebook


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Still, if you’re a small company with a U.S made product this is a good time to think globally.'
And producing a good product with global appeal, of course.
Mike (in England. And happy to help with Scotty's kennel fees)

4:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't believe the falling dollar is bad for the US economy. The stock market is at record levels. I do understand your point, however.

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home