Bits from Bill

Technology thoughts leaking from the brain of "Bill Pytlovany"

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Support for Downloads without Surprises

Last week I posted a message about the packaging of ad supported programs along with popular software. It appears to be a common practice that is happening far too often when downloading software.  I don’t have anything personally against the companies involved in this behavior but it just isn’t something for me.


I would like to thank everyone who showed their support with comments and even some new WinPatrol PLUS upgrades. I hope the community dialog continues and other companies will continue their best practice models.


The support has been very motivating and has kept me busy.  Stay tuned tomorrow for details and news of WinPatrol v14.0.

Share on Facebook


3 Comments:

Blogger TeMerc said...

Bill, I for one am not surprised one bit by the support you've received. It's all well deserved.

And can't wait for the new Scotty!!!

BillP Rocks!!

Lets Go GIANTS!!!

9:23 PM  
Blogger MysteryFCM said...

I am also not suprised by the amount of support and kudos you've received.

Those such as yourself are a rare breed in the software industry, I just wish there were more people such as yourself that had the same morals :(

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have discovered that MS can add at will again. My "new" search engine is Windows Live Search. (even tho I have changed it twice back to google).

I can't tell you how angry that makes me and it's only one small part of why I support you, Bill. You keep us up as best you are able.

I have searched registry but am not geeky enough to find that particular entry. Even a system restore didn't help.

USUALLY it's still Google but occasionally, search "slips" back to Live.

/mumble, mumble.

Sugar :)

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home